19 (Hechima-ki : Shiki Masaoka's mourning anniversary ) and October 31 in
1997, the Shiki Internet Haiku Salon held the 3nd annual
haiku contest via email. Contestants could submit up to three of their own
unpublished (/unposted) haiku poems which contain at least
one word from among the three words, "pear", "chestnut"
and "grape". These were sent out to all the
people who entered, and each person voted for the three haikus they thought
was best. The below is the contest procedure.
1. Contest Procedure
A special contest e-mail address created for this occasion. Interested participants submitted their entries between September 19th (Hechima-ki : Shiki Masaoka's mourning anniversary ) and October 31th 1997 to:
- The theme words are "pear", "chestnut" and "grape". Each haiku must contain at least one word from among the above three words.
- Entries are limited to three haiku per person.
- Previously unpublished (and unposted to Internet) haiku only.
* The names of participants will be available on the WWW
* Haiku entries were sent to all contestants for judging on November 14, but names were not included with the haiku sent at this time.
* Entries will be judged by the following rules:
The result of the ballots will be made known to all contestants. All or part of entries contributed to the contest will be made into an anthology to be included in a magazine, and put on the Shiki WWW Home Page: http://cc.matsuyama-u.ac.jp/~shiki/
2. The Prize
The Shiki team will welcome the winner of the contest to Matsuyama, Japan. The winner will be presented with a round trip ticket to Matsuyama from the airport nearest to them. (The upper limit is 210,000 yen (about US$1,800 at the current exchange rate.) This present to the winner is valid for one year from the announcement of the result.)
3. Other Information
* Concerning copyright laws, by your participation in the contest, we will assume your agreement to your entry(/ies) being reprinted.