19 (Hechima-ki : Shiki Masaoka's mourning anniversary ) and November 19,
1996 the Shiki Internet Haiku Salon held the 2nd annual
haiku contest via email. Contestants could submit up to three of their own
unpublished (/unposted) haiku poems which contain at least
one word from among the three words, "star" "sky" "moon".
These were sent out to all the people who entered,
and each person voted for the three haikus they thought was
best. The below is the contest procedure.
1. Contest Procedure
A special contest e-mail address has been created for this occasion. Interested participants should submit their entries between September 19th (Hechima-ki : Shiki Masaoka's mourning anniversary ) and November 19th 1996 (about 2 months) to:
- The theme words are "star","moon" and "sky". Each haiku must contain at least one word from among the above three words. ( NOTICE: In addition "stars" and "skies" are acceptable. But other words containing "moon" ,"star" and "sky" do not count as theme words.)
- Entries are limited to three haiku per person.
- Previously unpublished (and unposted to Internet) haiku only.
* The names of participants will be available on the WWW
* Haiku entries will be sent to all contestants for judging after November 19, but names will not be included with the haiku sent at this time.
* Entries will be judged by the following rules:
The result of the ballots will be made known to all contestants. All entries contributed to the contest will be made into an anthology to be included in a magazine, and put on the Shiki WWW Home Page: http://cc.matsuyama-u.ac.jp/~shiki/
2. The Prize
The Shiki team will welcome the winner of the contest to Matsuyama, Japan. The winner will be presented with a round trip ticket to Matsuyama from the airport nearest to them. (The upper limit is 210,000 yen (about US$2,000).)
3. Other Information
* Concerning copyright laws, by your participation in the contest, we will assume your agreement to your entry(/ies) being reprinted.